4th Québec Traditional Wushu Championship
for the 4th Québec Traditional Wushu Championship
Organizers: Confucius Institute in Québec
Co-Organizer: Chen's Tai Chi Association - Eastern Canada
In collaboration with:
Quebec Wushu Institute
Traditional Martial Arts
North American Chen’s Taichi Association
Chinese Free Masons Society Montreal Branch
Date & time: Saturday, June 29, 2013 from 10 am – 4 pm
place: Centre Jean-Claude Malépart
Address: 2633 rue Ontario Est, Montréal, Québec, Canada H2K 1W8 (Métro: Frontenac)
All institutions and individuals who practice/teach Chinese Martial Arts, from all countries and regions, are welcome to take part in the competition.
1. Number of participants: Each institution can send one leader, one coach and multiple teams. There is no limitation on the number of athletes. Maximum amount of events that each athlete can participate in is three (3), excluding Duilian (Fighting set) and Group set.
2. Age categories:
Children (male & female): 5-11 years old
Junior (male and female): 12-17 years old
Adult Group A (male): 18-40 years old
Adult Group A (female): 18-35 years old
Adult Group B (male): 41-59 years old
Adult Group B (female): 36-54 years old
Senior (male): 60 years old and over
Senior (female): 55 years old and over
Includes various forms of Chinese Kung Fu such as competitive style Wushu, traditional style as well as internal and external Chinese martial arts.(Some of categories may be adjusted)
1. Tai Chi (Taiji) Style: Bare hand, weapons and competitive routines for various styles of Tai Chi ( Yang style, Chen style, Shun style, Wu style, Wu style etc.).
2. Mulan Quan: all kinds of bare hand, weapon competitive and optional routines.
3. Bare hand Styles:
Competitive styles: Chang Quan, Dao Shu, Jian Shu, Gun Shu, Qiang Shu, and Nan Quan.
1 Xing Yi, Ba Gua, Ba Ji
2 Wing Chun, Hong Gar, Chai-li-fo, White Crane etc.
3 Tong Bi, Pi Gua, Fan Zhi
4 Di Tang, Xiang Xing
5 Cha, Hua, Pao, Hong, Hua, Shaolin Quan etc.
4. Weapons: Long, short, double and soft weapons.
5. Dui Lian (Fight set): Bare hand to Bare hand, Weapon to Weapon, Bare hand to Weapon etc. (no music allowed)
6. Individual Triathlon: Any individual who joins more than 3 events (including bare hand, short weapon, long weapon) may be included in the category of Individual Triathlon (excluding Fight sets and Group events).
7. Group Event: Tai Chi (Taiji), Mulan bare hand or weapons and all others: More than 4 athletes per team (with the same uniform and with music)
Method of competition:
1 Refer to the “Regulations of Wushu Competition Routine,1991”.
2 All kinds of Chinese martial arts, including bare hands, weapons, routines, Dui Lian, and other Kung Fu etc. are covered in the competition or performance.
3 Time for each event:
a). Taiji traditional routine: 4-5 minutes; Taiji or Mulan competitive routine: 5-6 minutes; Taiji Dao or Jian : 3-4 minutes.
b). Chen Style Taichi Old and New Routine 1: 3-5 minutes (may adjust routines); Old and New Routine 2: 2-5 minutes; Chen Style Taichi Weapons: 2-5 minutes.
c). Bare hand and weapon: 1-3 minutes.
d). Dui Lian (fight set): no less than 50 seconds
e). Group event: Taiji, Mulan bare hand or weapon: less than 6 minutes; others: less than 4 minutes.
1 Golden, silver and copper medals for each event
2 Points: Golden medal for above 9 points; Silver medal for above 8 points; Bronze medal for above 7 points;
3 Medal, trophy for group event
1 Download or call to get the “registration form”,mail registration form with registration fee before June 10, 2013.
Mail Address: 22 Ancolies, Ile-Perrot, Quebec, J7V 9L6 Canada
Attn: Master Leon Xu
Or online at:
Web: http://sinowushuacademy.com (Click Here!)
Phone: (514) 966-9878
2. Registration fee - $45 for single event, $60 for two events and $70 for three events; $50 for Dui Lian (Fight Set) event, $80 for Group event.
3. Hand in the registration form with fee attached, or mail to the address above. Participants will not be permitted to compete without paying the registration fee.
4. The registration form can be downloaded or copied.
5. For group event, indicate the music and bring a CD for the competition.
6. Participants are responsible for all personal expenses such as travel, hotels and meals.
7. Important and additional information!
a. When participant changes the event, the athlete must apply for in 36 hours before the competition.
b. All the participants should take the certificate of insurance for the accident, and deal with the accident by themselves during the championship.
c. The participants should bring the document to proof their age and health condition verified by doctor.
d. The authority to explain the regulation belongs to committee of “4th Quebec Traditional Wushu (Kung Fu) Championship”
Registration Form (PDF) / Registration Form (WORD)
Regulation of Competition (DPF) / Regulation of Competition (WORD)